A blog about creating "Mascot Statues With An Attitude" that increase pride for schools, businesses, and garden sites.

Please Click Any Photo Or Colored Text Link For Mascot Pricing and Shipping Information


Sculpting A Life Size Cougar Mascot

The very beginning stages of a life size cougar sculpture that will be the primary focus of a geometric design. Can you 'see' the cougar's upper body yet?
I think I'll leave the rest to your imagination for now.
An unfinished profile view with some of the uncarved foam that will help me to add mass to the upper body. I'm using an air drying clay to give me a solid surface to work on though I normally sculpt with wax. I'm doing things a little different this time.
My plans for the time being are to make this a one-of-a-kind mascot sculpture but I'll not be showing certain aspects of the piece until I'm ready. I don't want to give away too much too soon. I'll be showing progression pics of this project every so often so check back.